Operations Manager Terminal & Warehouses
- The following duties and responsibilities come with the job, but may not be limited to;
- Manage all operational activities at the ICD such as gate and yard activities including stuffing and stripping of containers.
- Design and maintain operational procedures for the ICD to ensure quick truck turn-around times and other efficiencies to deliver a high quality product.
- Implement the operational procedures. Ensure employees are trained and procedures are followed.
- Implement, and maintain HSES standards for the site in accordance with local legislation with the main aim to reduce any harm or injury to any person on the site, the environment, and IBLTS’ assets.
- Managing and checking all inventory records and making evaluation reports.
- Ensure anti-theft and fraud procedures are in place to protect company’s and client’s assets.
- Setting and allocating targets to operational staff and organizing staff training.
- Auditing daily labor and billing statements.
- Day-to-day responsibility for all container and cargo handling equipment in the ICD.
- Manage all warehouse activities such as gate activities, on- and off-loading of cargo, storage and bagging of cargo.
- Manage the layout and setup of the warehouse for the appropriate storage of goods and supplies.
- Negotiate and maintain supplier contracts such as hauliers, 3rd party stevedores within level of authority (see Authority Matrix).
- Coordinating and negotiating with transporters for dispatch of goods.
- Assume day-to-day responsibilities for administration at the warehouse site such as designing effective work procedures, recruiting and retrenching staff within the agreed authority levels, ensuring high quality service delivery and maintaining tight cost control measures.
- Ensure compliance with customs regulations and ensure files are kept as per legal requirement.
- Assume day-to-day responsibilities for all assets at the warehouse site including full responsibility for maintenance and repairs.
- Report on the activities to the General Manager on an ongoing basis formally and informally. Formal reporting consists of operational and financial reports such as profitability reports for the warehouse activities.
- At least 3 years of experience in container transport/ terminal/ handling of cargo
- Proven track record of managing large teams
- Creating cohesive working relationships
- Possess good judgement and initiative
- Show high energy
- Show drive for result
Venturn biedt consultancy in de maritieme sector, we werken in deze niche vanuit een stevig netwerk en een goede reputatie. Vanuit Venturn People zorgen we voor de juiste persoon op de juiste plaats en vanuit Venturn Performance ontwikkelen we mensen en organisaties. Dienstverlening die elkaar aanvult & versterkt én altijd gericht is op de maritieme sector en direct aanverwante bedrijven.
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 30 januari 2017|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Michiel Drenth|
|Telefoon||+31 6 55 14 07 95|
3071 NK Rotterdam